Friday, May 29, 2009

Infamous Review

Graphics: 8.5/10

Graphics are really good for a sandbox game, I find myself just going around and trying to see the environment, they have done a very good job for graphics. Then when you actually combine the lightning effects to it, the game looks much cooler. Graphics for this game will not disappoint you at all, even during the cut-scenes the comic-book like feel looks very good too. Over-all the game does look very pretty indeed, so if you're a big fan of nice graphics you probably will enjoy this game.

Gameplay: 8/10

The gameplay seems familiar but at the same time it feels unique, kind of hard to explain. Basically every Sandbox game has the same feel to it, but inFamous has a special feel to it. The movement is incredibly smooth, and very fun. I find myself just wanting to climb buildings or jump from roof to roof 'cause it's that much fun. As for your powers, at first they are fun but once you start unlocking other powers they all seem alike but just slightly different looks to them. Seems like you're constantly pointing and shooting, which I can see why people would like it and hate it. Really the only melee moves you have your basic melee moves which is used by pressing "square" over and over to combo. Also you can jump and press "square" to do a landing that blasts lightning around you when you land hurting foes all near you. Higher up you jump from, bigger the blast radius. As for Story/Side missions, they do get repetitive because there are only a handful of missions and you repeat them over time.

Story: 9/10

The story does remind me of a story that would be in a comic book, it is very good and interesting. I do not want to release any info on the story, I would like you all to play the game to find it out. Myself, I have never been a big fan of story modes in games, or just doing the story in sandbox games unless I had too. In inFamous I actually enjoy doing the story, makes me keep wanting more after every story mission you do. All I can say though, during the story there are some twists that may surprise you a little :D

Sound: 7/10

The music and sound within the game is not amazing but it's also not bad at all. I'd say it as average for a game like this, nothing too special. As for the voice acting, Cole (main character) does a decent job. Though his partners Trish and Zeke does an alright job, even though Zeke is very annoying in the game.

Overall: 8.5/10

I would definitely recommend this game to anyone who owns a PS3, either to rent or buy. You can put many hours into this game easily, it does have a lot of replay value. I would say this is one of my favorite PS3 exclusives so far, and I would very much like to see a sequel to the game. So if you got sixty dollars laying around go pick up a copy of inFamous and you won't regret it!

(it is my cousin who did the review not me.he was bored so i just let him)

0 comments: